Lentil tomato soup is an ideal soup for beginners. It is simple and quick to prepare.
How to prepare lentil soup?
- Slice the carrots and dice the onion
- Heat the olive oil in a pot and fry the onion and carrots for a few minutes
- Add chili and cinnamon and cook for another minute
- Add the lentils, dill and tomato passata, mix and bring to a boil.
- Cook covered for 20-25 minutes on low heat.
- Pull out the dill and blend the soup to a smooth cream.
- Serve with roasted pumpkin seeds
It is worth rinsing the lentils under running water, otherwise it may foam in the pot or boil over.
Use a pot that is large enough, I chose too small :)
Recipe for lentil soup with tomatoes
- Onions - 1 piece
- Carrots - 1 piece
- Red lentils - 200g
- Dill - 3 sprigs
- Chili - 1 pinch
- Ceylon cinnamon - 1 pinch
- Vegetable broth - 1.5 liters
- Extra virgin olive oil for frying - 2 tbsp
- Tomato passat - bottle
- Pumpkin seeds for decoration
Ingredients for the preparation of lentil soup
I cut vegetables
I fry the onion with carrots and add cinnamon and chili after a while
I add lentils, dill and passata
I add vegetable broth
Bring to a boil and cook, covered, over low heat for 20-25 minutes
Toast the pumpkin seeds in a dry frying pan until they are swollen
I take out the dill and blend the soup into a thick cream
I decorate the soup with pumpkin seeds
I haven't eaten that yet
This series of films encourages you to experiment in the kitchen. In this series, I prepare dishes that I have never made myself. I want to show you that cooking is not difficult at all. I choose interesting dishes from cookbooks and prepare them together for the first time. Check out my new series on YouTube. The recipe comes from the book Jadłonomia in Polish by Marta Dymek