Nothing compares to the smell of freshly baked bread. Therefore, more and more people decide to bake this delicacy on their own and as it turns out it is not difficult at all. It is only worth remembering that although there are several types of bread, the basis is always: flour, yeast, water, salt and some time. How to bake bread yourself? Here are 2 recipes that always go well.
Recipe for bread - the art of choosing the right ingredients
There are three main types of bread dough:
- Breads made with yeast: brioches, buns, baguettes or ciabats.
- Quick soda bread - perfect for busy people.
- Sourdough bread, i.e. bread made of wholemeal flour.
Flourless breads are also becoming more and more popular - they are made of a mixture of various grains. They are extremely tasty and very healthy - but more on that in a moment.
Freshly baked bread does not need many additives. It can be served in the simplest way - with good olive oil and spices or balsamic vinegar. Self-made bread will delight unexpected guests or make family evenings more pleasant.
2 best bread recipes
So here are two simple recipes for homemade bread. Popular Italian ciabatta and fashionable grain bread.
How to bake Italian ciabatta - here's the recipe:
- 250g of spelled flour
- 3 teaspoons of dry Italian herbs
- Himalayan salt
- 0.5 cubes of yeast (approx. 20 g)
- 0.5 teaspoons of sugar
- 3 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of pitted green olives (140 g)
- 3 teaspoons of soft garlic butter
Himalayan salt - Fine - Pink - 1kg - Primär
1. Mix the flour, herbs, half a teaspoon of salt in a bowl. Dissolve yeast and sugar with 150 ml of warm water. Add to flour, mix by hand. Add the oil and knead until a smooth dough is formed.
2. Put the dough on a board (table top) sprinkled with flour. Knead vigorously, shape into a ball. Transfer to a bowl. Cover with foil and set aside in a warm place for approx. 30 minutes.
3. Cut the drained olives into quarters. Add to the dough.
4. Divide the dough into 4 equal parts. Shape into oblong hand-sized shapes.
5. Transfer to a baking tray lined with baking paper. Set aside in a warm place for approx. 10 minutes.
6. Use your finger to prick the top of the cake until an uneven surface is formed.
7. Bake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees (hot air) on the lowest shelf for 20 minutes. Then brush with garlic butter and bake for a further 5 minutes until golden brown.
8. After baking, set aside to cool.
9. Instead of olives, you can add sun-dried tomatoes, it is important not to exceed the specified amount of additives.
Fashionable flour-free bread (grain-only bread)
- 200g of sunflower seeds
- 100g of almonds
- 150g of oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons of plantain seeds
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon of shelled hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon of agave syrup
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 340 ml of warm water
BIO Sunflower - Shelled - Ecological
1. Line a small oblong baking pan with baking paper. Put in a mold and mix all the grains. Add salt and coconut oil.
2. Mix the agave syrup with warm water, add to the ingredients in the mold. Gently combine all ingredients, smooth the surface with a spoon.
3. Set aside for a minimum of 2-3 hours, preferably overnight, for the bread to “bind” well.
4. Bake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees (hot air) for about 20 minutes.
5. Remove from the mold and put back into the oven for 30-40 minutes. The bread is ready when it makes a "hollow" noise when tapped.
6. Set aside the baked bread to cool. It tastes great with sweet and salty toppings.
See also other entries:
Vegan banana bread - a quick recipe without wheat flour and eggs
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!