Pumpkin cookies are a great recipe. They are easy to prepare and very tasty.
How to prepare pumpkin cookies?
- In a large bowl, mix the pumpkin puree (see the recipe below) with coconut sugar, melted coconut oil and spices.
- Add the flour previously mixed with oatmeal and mix everything again.
- Add the chocolate drops and mix again.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and use an ice cream scoop to put cookies. About 12 pieces should come out of the recipe
- Bake for about 17 minutes in an oven with hot air at 180 degrees.
The cookies will grow a little. Therefore, it is worth making intervals by putting the dough on a baking tray 5 cm between the cookies will be optimal.
How to make pumpkin puree?
- Hokkaido pumpkin is the best choice for pureeing. It is smaller and the puree will be ready much faster
- Cut the pumpkin in half and spoon the seeds out of the center
- Now cut the pumpkin into smaller pieces. I usually cut a whole pumpkin into 8 pieces.
- Preheat the fan oven to 220 degrees.
- Place the pumpkin pieces on baking paper and bake for about 40 minutes.
- The pumpkin is supposed to be soft so that you can stick a fork easily.
- When the pumpkin has cooled down, spoon the flesh from the skin and blend it until smooth.
Pumpkin cookie recipe
- Wholemeal spelled flour - 130g
- Pumpkin puree - 180g
- Oatmeal - 80g
- Coconut sugar - 150g
- Extra virgin coconut oil - 50g
- Chocolate drops - 45g
- Ceylon cinnamon - 1 tsp
- Linseed (ground) - 1/2 tsp
- Bourbon vanilla - 1 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Himalayan salt - 1/2 tsp
- Nutmeg - pinch