Risotto is an easy and quick way to make a delicious lunch or dinner. See how to make risotto with zucchini, peas and mushrooms. You will also learn how to prepare a base for a risotto with any addition and how to prepare a risotto from a ready-made mixture for the pan.
How to prepare a risotto?
- Prepare 700 ml of vegetable stock
- Dice the onion and garlic into small cubes
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion first, then the garlic
- Add the rice and mix well so that all the rice is covered with oil. Fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the broth in portions of about 150-200ml and stir constantly. The rice is to be gently boiled in the broth all the time.
- When you have used 2/3 of the broth, add your favorite additive. Keep stirring and adding the broth until finished.
- Finally, add a solid batch of Parmesan or yeast flakes
Additions to risotto:
- Pea risotto: blend 225 peas with a tablespoon of water and add to the rice after 2/3 of the broth has been absorbed
- Zucchini risotto: grate 225g of zucchini on large mesh graters and add to the rice after 2/3 of the broth has been absorbed
- If you are preparing risotto for the first time, it is worth having a slightly larger stock of broth, e.g. 1 liter.
- Set the pan temperature so that the rice does not stick to the stirring process. The rice is supposed to mix easily.
- Add enough broth so as not to interrupt cooking. There can't be too much of it.
Recipe for risotto with peas
Recipe for risotto with zucchini
- Arborio rice - 200g
- Zucchini - 225g
- Extra virgin olive oil - 2 tbsp
- Parmesan or yeast flakes to taste
I am preparing a vegetable broth
I cut the onion and garlic into small cubes
I blend the peas with a tablespoon of water
I grate the zucchini on a grater with large eyes
I glass the onion in the pan and add the garlic
I fry the rice
I add the first batch of broth
After adding 2/3 of the broth, it's time for peas or zucchini
I keep stirring and adding the broth to the end
Finally, I add Parmesan or yeast flakes
I haven't eaten that yet
This series of films encourages you to experiment in the kitchen. In this series, I prepare dishes that I have never made myself. I want to show you that cooking is not difficult at all. I choose interesting dishes from cookbooks and prepare them together for the first time. Check out my new series on YouTube.