Shakshouka is a recipe for the perfect breakfast. I heard about it a long time ago, but I don't know why I didn't want to try it. It was a mistake because it's my favorite breakfast now. See how to make a shakshouka in a simple way.
How to make a shakshouka?
- Chop the onion, pepper and garlic
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion
- Add spices: garlic, chili, cumin, smoked paprika, salt and fry for a while
- Add paprika and cook, covered, until semi-soft
- Add the tomatoes and stew for a while
- Make a recess for each egg in the sauce
- Add the eggs in the cavities and cook, covered, 7-9 minutes.
- Serve with fresh coriander and bread
If you like half-liquid egg yolks, fry the shakshouka for about 7 minutes. If you like hard boiled eggs, it's about 9 minutes.
I like shakshouka prepared in olive oil or ghee.
If you like the shakshouka, you can make more sauce (the stage before adding the eggs) and freeze it in portions or keep it in the refrigerator for a few days. Then you will prepare breakfast much faster. This sauce is very similar to aleo, and it actually tastes better after a few days.
Recipe for shakshouka
- Onions - 1 piece
- Green pepper - 1 piece
- Sliced tomatoes - 1 can
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Chili - pinch
- Kumin - 2 pinches
- Smoked paprika - 1 pinch
- Himalayan salt - a pinch
- Extra virgin olive oil - 2 tbsp
- Eggs - 4 pieces
- Fresh coriander - 1/2 bunch