Rice pancakes are a great way to have breakfast or dinner. A glass of rice is enough for preparation. Watch the video for a recipe for gluten-free rice pancakes.
How to make rice pancakes?
- Cover 1 cup of white rice with cold water and leave it to soak for at least 12 hours
- Rinse the soaked rice in a strainer under running water
- Put the rice into a tall and narrow dish. Add a pinch of salt and 1/2 cup of water. Blend to a smooth cream. Then add another 1/2 cup of water and mix again. You will get a watery dough with a consistency similar to milk.
- Heat the pan well and brush it with a little coconut oil. Pour a thin layer of dough and fry until the dough comes off the pan and turn the pancake over.
- About 5 medium-sized pancakes should come out of this amount of dough.
Be sure to use white rice for this recipe, not rice flour. These pancakes won't come out of rice flour.
Recipe for rice pancakes
Remember for this recipe you should use rice, not rice flour
Soak the rice in cold water for at least 12 hours
Rinse the soaked rice in a strainer under running water
Pour the rinsed rice into a tall vessel
We add salt and the first batch of water
We add the second portion of water
Blend again until the dough has a liquid consistency similar to milk
Heat up the pan with a little coconut oil
We put a thin layer of dough and fry
When the dough starts to move away from the pan, turn the pancake over
The finished pancakes are flexible and easy to roll
Pancakes taste great with peanut butter or jam
The recipe comes from the book - Nowa Jadonomia - Marty Dymek
I haven't eaten that yet
This series of films encourages you to experiment in the kitchen. In this series, I prepare dishes that I have never made myself. I want to show you that cooking is not difficult at all. I choose interesting dishes from cookbooks and prepare them together for the first time. Check out my new series on YouTube. The recipe comes from the book Nowa Jadlonomia by Marta Dymek.