Coconut red lentil dal is a quick and simple dish for lunch or dinner.
See the video with a recipe for coconut dal
How to prepare red lentil dal?
- Dice the onion
- Dissolve a tablespoon of coconut oil in a pan and sauté the onion
- After a while, add the lentils, sliced tomatoes, spices and water
- Mix thoroughly and cook for about 25 minutes, stirring constantly
- Add coconut milk and cook another 5-10 minutes
- Serve with quinoa or rice
- 300g of red lentils
- 1 onion
- 1/2 can of sliced tomatoes
- 1/2 can of coconut milk
- 1.5 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili
- 3 glasses of water
- extra virgin coconut oil
- quinoa or rice for serving
The recipe comes from Marta Dymek's blog - foodlonomy.