Popcorn is a quick, tasty and healthy snack that you can prepare in your own kitchen in a few minutes. This is a much better solution than buying ready-made roasted popcorn or microwaveable version. Fresh popcorn cooked in a pot with clarified butter is super aromatic and crunchy . Check out how to make real butter popcorn for an evening movie screening in an easy way.
How to prepare popcorn?
You can make the best butter popcorn with ghee clarified butter . Traditional cream butter is not an ideal choice for popcorn because it burns very quickly. Ghee consists of 100% fat free of protein and water and has a high smoke point of around 250 degrees C. This makes it great for baking, frying and roasting at high temperatures. In addition, it has a deep, yet delicate, buttery flavor that makes popcorn with its addition really perfect.
To make butter popcorn, prepare a large pot with a thick bottom and lid, clarified butter, ghee , some Himalayan salt and, of course, dry corn kernels. Check the exact recipe.
Recipe for homemade butter popcorn
- 1 cup of BIO Popcorn
- about 3 tablespoons of ghee (clarified butter)
- Himalayan salt to taste
- In a pot, heat the clarified butter to about 180 degrees C. To check if the fat has reached the desired temperature, you can test it with 2 grains of corn. If they shoot, it's a sign that you can start roasting.
- Pour the prepared corn into the pot and spread it evenly over the entire surface of the bottom.
- Cover the pot with a lid and wait for the popcorn grains to pop.
- Slowly reduce the heat of the burner, and when the popcorn stops exploding, remove the pot from the stove.
- Finally, add Himalayan salt and shake the pot several times to mix everything. Ready!
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!