Tabbouleh is one of the most popular Lebanese dishes. It doesn't need to be heated, so it's perfect for taking to work or school. This is a great box dish.
The base version of tabboleh is with bulgur. However, we will prepare a version with quinoa. It tastes good as well. In addition, it will have more protein and can be consumed by people on a gluten-free diet.
- 150g of quinoa
- 2 bunches of parsley
- 1/2 bunch of mint
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 onion
- 35ml extra virgin olive oil
- 35ml of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of Ceylon cinnamon
- Himalayan salt
How to prepare a tabbouleh?
- We start by cooking quinoa.
- We cut the parsley, mint, tomatoes, cucumber and onion quite finely.
- We mix all the chopped ingredients together in a large bowl
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice and spices
- Finally, add the cooked and cooled quinoa and mix again
- Done;) We can put some into containers and take it with us to work or school