Bulgur was considered a fairly oriental dish until recently. However, it is getting more and more popular in our kitchens. I am very happy about it, because it is a tasty and healthy addition to dinner or a salad. In this post, I will show you how to cook bulgur to make it tasty and loose.
See the video on how to cook bulgur
How to prepare bulgur?
- To prepare bulgur, you will need a pan with a lid or a pot with a lid. Bulgur is prepared in a ratio of 1: 1 with water (e.g. 1 glass of bulgur and 1 glass of water).
- Preheat the pan and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Add the bulgur and mix for 1-2 minutes. During this time, the bulgur will slightly toast. When it turns slightly brown with white dots, it means it's ready (see photo below).
- Add a pinch of Himalayan salt , pour a measured amount of water over the bulgur and mix thoroughly.
- You can add an optional ingredient, a teaspoon of lemon juice . In my opinion, this is how bulgur tastes best.
- Turn off the burner and leave the bulgur covered for 10 minutes.
- Stir the bulgur again.
Recipe for bulgur groats
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of bulgur
- 1 cup of water
- 1 pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Bulgur also tastes great cold, which is why it is very often an ingredient of salads, e.g. the popular tabbouleh.