Risotto is an easy and quick way to make a delicious lunch or dinner. See how to make risotto with zucchini, peas and mushrooms. You will also learn how to prepare a base for a risotto with any addition and how to prepare a risotto from a ready-made mixture for the pan.
How to prepare a risotto?
- Prepare 700 ml of vegetable stock
- Dice the onion and garlic into small cubes
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion and then the garlic
- Add the rice and mix well so that all the rice is covered with oil. Fry for a few minutes.
- Add the broth in portions of about 150-200ml and stir constantly. The rice should be gently boiled in the broth all the time.
- When you have used 2/3 of the broth, add your favorite additive. Keep stirring and adding the broth until finished.
- Finally, add a solid batch of Parmesan or yeast flakes
Additions to risotto:
- Pea risotto: blend 225 peas with a tablespoon of water and add to the rice after 2/3 of the broth has been absorbed
- Zucchini risotto: grate 225g of zucchini on large mesh graters and add to the rice after 2/3 of the broth has been absorbed
If you are preparing risotto for the first time, it is worth having a slightly larger stock of broth, e.g. 1 liter.
Set the pan temperature so that the rice does not stick to the stirring process. The rice is supposed to mix easily.
Add enough broth so as not to interrupt cooking. There can't be too much of it.