Panelle is simple and tasty chickpea patties. These little pancakes are popular street food in Sicily.
How to make panelle?
- Pour cold water into the pot
- Put the strainer on the pot and sift the chickpea flour into the water
- Bring the water to a boil while mixing the dough with the whisk to get rid of any flour lumps
- After boiling the water, cook for another 4 minutes, stirring constantly, and add the parsley
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and form the dough into a thin rectangular slice approximately 3 mm thick
- Leave the dough to cool down
- Cut the dough into smaller rectangles
- Fry in deep and very hot fat for several seconds.
- After frying, dry the residual fat on a paper towel
The dough seems very fluid at first, but thickens fairly quickly with mixing. Remember to keep stirring the dough all the time, otherwise it may burn.
Panelle can be eaten alone or put in a roll like cheese.
Sift the chickpea flour through a strainer
Stir the dough with a whisk all the time
I add the chopped dill to the dough
I put the dough on a baking sheet lined with baking paper
I form a thin rectangle about 3 mm thick from the dough
When the dough has cooled down, I cut it into smaller rectangles
I deep-fry the panele for a dozen or so seconds
Panelle ready to eat
The recipe comes from the book - Italia for greens - Alicja Rokicka
I haven't eaten that yet
This series of films encourages you to experiment in the kitchen. In this series, I prepare dishes that I have never made myself. I want to show you that cooking is not difficult at all. I choose interesting dishes from cookbooks and prepare them together for the first time. Check out my new series on YouTube. The recipe comes from the book Italia for greens - Italian vegetable cuisine - Alicja Rokicka.
Fajny pomysł!Na pewno wypróbuję :) Najbardziej lubię " jajecznicę " z mąki z ciecierzycy. Z pieczarkami,szczypiorkiem i świeżym pomidorem przebija tofucznicę :)