Millet can be cooked in many ways. I want to show you the fastest and easiest recipe. Some recommend soaking, rinsing porridge under hot and cold water. In my opinion, this is superfluous. See how to cook millet loose. It will be loose even on the second day, if you do more and leave it in the fridge.
See the video on how to cook perfect millet
A step-by-step recipe for perfect millet
- You need a pot with a lid
- Measure a portion of millet straight from the packaging, e.g. one glass
- Pour into a pot and roast the porridge over medium heat for a few minutes, stirring constantly
- When you feel the smell of millet in the kitchen and the sound of popping like popcorn, it means that the porridge will be ready soon
- Add a pinch of Himalayan salt
- Prepare water in a 2: 1 ratio (2 glasses of water for each glass of groats)
- Pour millet with water and bring it to a boil
- When the water boils, put the lid on and reduce the power to a minimum. Just to keep the water boiling gently
- Cook porridge for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes, the millet will be ready to loose
Sprawdziłam i rzeczywiście fajny sposób na przygotowanie kaszy. Wcześniej często mi wychodziła taka mamałyga.