Brown rice should be cooked differently to white rice. It is even easier to prepare, but it should be done properly :) Brown rice prepared according to this recipe is not hard, but sufficiently springy. See how to simply cook brown rice without a bag.
How to cook brown rice?
- Pour the rice into a bowl and pour cold water over it. Soak for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the rice in the strainer under running water.
- Boil the water in a pot with a pinch of salt and add the rice.
- Bring the water to a boil again and simmer on low power for 15 minutes, covered.
- After cooking, strain the rice in a strainer.
- A standard portion of rice for one person is 80g. The glass from IKEA in the video is exactly 160g - for 2 people.
- You can soak the rice for a longer time if it is so convenient for you.
- It is best to cook rice in plenty of water. Just be careful that the pot is not too full, it can boil over easily.
- After straining the rice in a sieve, it is worth leaving it in it for 1 minute, then the rice will drain well.