Matcha is ground Japanese green tea. It is prepared in a special way to preserve as much nutritional value as possible. That is why it is considered the healthiest green tea.
How to prepare matcha (brew)?
Matcha does not dissolve in water. Therefore, we need to prepare a slurry similar to frothed milk. You will need the appropriate equipment for this:
• Chasen gives the best results - with a special whisk for making a mah. If you are going to drink matcha regularly, it is worth buying this Japanese whisk.
• The next solution is to use a milk frother - for example, one for a battery from IKEA.
• A manual whisk gives much worse results. A fork or a spoon does not work at all.
The preparation of matcha is made easier by sieving the matcha through a strainer, e.g. from a teapot. Thanks to this, matcha will foam much faster and there will be no lumps in it. I put such a strainer on the cup and squeeze the matcha with a spoon, it literally takes a few seconds and it helps a lot.
• Sprinkle 1 heaped teaspoon of matcha into a cup (about 1.5 g).
• Pour about 100 ml of water and beat matcha with chasen or a milk whisk. When using a chasen, the Z-shaped movement gives the best results. We move it back and forth, just as if we were marking the texts with a pencil eraser. Chasen does not work with circular movements similar to mixing.
• When the matcha is compacted and the foam is visible, add the rest of the water.
It's best to drink the matcha within 15-20 minutes before the matcha sinks to the bottom. At the end, it's a good idea to shake the cup so that the matcha mixes up again.
If you use a chasen, low and quite wide cups will be best, in a narrow cup it is difficult to make the correct movement with a chase.
Recipe for matcha
- 1 teaspoon of matcha (about 1.5 grams)
- 200 ml of water at a maximum temperature of 80 degrees
Which matcha should I choose?
Matcha should come from Japan and be certified as an organic farming product. You will recognize a good matcha by its color. The worst varieties usually come from China and have a yellowish color. Good matcha is light green in color and ground well.
You can find organic matcha tea from Japan in our online store.
Where to buy wave in stationary in Cracow
You can also get Matcha in our store in Krakow - Plac Na Stawach 10, Krakow - Salwator
Matcha instead of coffee or yerba mate
Matcha contains about 3% caffeine, which is why it is an interesting alternative to yerba mat and coffee.